Search icon or search function in start menu not working

Kusho

Reaction score
This is on an older celeron laptop, but when I click the search icon nothing happens. When I hit the start button a menu came up but when i clicked on the search tab the start menu went away and no search ever came up. I am doing college work in teams and I need to do a screen capture. I was trying to do snip tool. but I can not search for snip. I dont know any other way to get this tool to come up. I did do a PRTSC and it captured all of my screens. I am hoping that will work for turning in homework.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Windows Key + Shift Key + S key should give you the snip tool bar.
There are still issues with Search on all of the latest releases on some installations.

Known issues

[Search]

• After clicking the Search icon on the Taskbar, the Search panel may not open. If this occurs, restart the “Windows Explorer” process, and open the search panel again.
  • Search panel might appear as black and not display any content below the search box.
ALSO...

[Start]
  • In some cases, you might be unable to enter text when using Search from Start or the Taskbar. If you experience the issue, press WIN + R on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog box, then close it.

SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...ncing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-22468/

Vote:

Ask a Question