Setting Static IP Address

ArmyBikerVet66

Reaction score
Well, here's an interesting issue I ran into.
I did a full clean install of Windows 11 on my new computer that I built.
It's been working great (a few issues that I know are still being worked on)
Playing games, listening to music, working; the whole-nine-yards.
Well, yesterday, I put in a new Netgear Nighthawk Router for my house, as I am adding a new WIFi extender (Netgear) to help give me more coverage.
I got everyone up and running, naming all devices going onto the network. I have three other computers in the house that belong to various family members, all of them running Windows 10 - I'm the only one running Windows 11.
The three computers I put on static IP address in their IPv4 settings, along with DNS (comcast, though I may change those).
However, when I did mine, I could not assign my computer a static IP address. Instead of the 192 - I got a 69.------
What the (*bleep*)
Anyone else have this issue?

Grizzly

Reaction score
a 69.xxx.xxx.xxx means that your computer has not been assigned an IP address. that usually happens if the Router cannot communicate with your computer for what ever reason. I would try to reset the network adapter in your computer first. It might be a Win 11 bug, I do not know as I cannot run this system due to Dinosaur hardware

Vote:

Ask a Question