Something for everybody

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Today
January 14, 2022 we’re releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.466 (KB5008353) to Windows Insiders in the Beta and Release Preview Channels.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...000-466-to-beta-and-release-preview-channels/

AND you might ask.... What does that have to do with me?

Glad you asked.
Very often when a "Build" like this is released into the "Release Preview Channel" it suggests that much / most, if not all of the fixes contained in that release can be expected to show up in an upcoming Cumulative Update for the publicly available build of Windows 11, so....

When you read through the list, while the start of daylight savings time in Jordan may not blow your skirt up, there are others which very well may, likely impact some members and guests of this forum
We fixed some issues that affect File Explorer’s performance when you browse for files and select files.]

We fixed a reliability issue that causes File Explorer and desktop context menus to stop working.

We fixed an issue that prevents some options from appearing on the Win + X menu.
I know that last one from a personal experience "System" was missing from that Win + X menu in an upgrade install (clean install = no such problem)

At least we get a bit of a sense that Microsoft is at least aware of and perhaps attempting to address some of the issues we see posted here daily.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad to see some of the File Explorer fixes making their way through - the context menu problem seems to be very widespread.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So much for my optimism regarding their release preview perhaps riding to our rescue.
Seems they are busy fixing other broken stuff.

Still hope springs eternal.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Very often when a "Build" like this is released into the "Release Preview Channel" it suggests that much / most, if not all of the fixes contained in that release can be expected to show up in an upcoming Cumulative Update for the publicly available build of Windows 11
As predicted, I got this today on my Windows 11 machine running the General Availability public release.
They're still using the word "Preview" in the description but that's not how it showed up on my machine.

Capture1.jpg

Bill Shannon

Reaction score
Just remove Java from your computer. Is a shame because I need java for a function I like. Explorer should start working then the problem is conflicts microsoft have caused with other software companies.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
JAVA works perfectly under Windows 11 .. but I dont need JAVA anyway, I'm not a programmer .. but I used JAVA to play some games under Windows XP previously, but I don't think I'm playing games at my age now 🤭

Ask a Question