Ssd not found during windows 11 install

tutterpop

Reaction score
Installed windows 11 from usb. Everything was fine, but my msi pro z690-a ddr4 motherboard didnt come with network drivers. I tried to download it, but everything i tried didnt wprk out, so I decided to reset everything and reinstall windows 11 so that im able to set up the driver like they show on their website. I did settings>reset> and i chose to wipe out all the data on the ssd so it wouldnt mess up the reinstall. I got through everything until it was time to choose a ssd/storage for the download. It was empty and my ssd doesnt show up.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum
It's possible that the install media doesn't have the drivers necessary to identify your SSD
I ran into this recently on a new HP Laptop and I had to add the driver folder to my installation media (thumb drive)
Here's a walk through very similar to what I had to do
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06983517 (don't use the link to the HP resource link on that page, the process is the same but use the link to your motherboard page below to obtain the drivers needed)
Here's a link to what I believe is you MoBo page which contains the On-Board SATA AHCI/RAID Drivers, which I suspect you will have to download and extract to your installation media, before you can successfully click the "Load Driver" link on the page during installation where your storage device is missing.

Once you have that sorted, you can click the Load Driver link and browse to the folder on your installation media where you extracted the driver to.

Ask a Question