SURPRISE!

Gornot

Reaction score
Hello, everybody,

Holy flipping cowbells, it's been YEARS AND YEARS!

Hopefully some of the oldest members still remember me as the nerdy kid that stalked the Win7 Forums every day for months and months, overpassionate about Internet Explorer 9, WMP 12, and a big fan of the Vista visual style harping for acceptance of a perfectly good OS hated for very little logical reason by users.

For those who do not know me, I am a down-to-earth fatty gay nerd guy who loves video games, computers, and is obssessed with spell-checking, audio editing, WW2 novels and unsolved mysteries.

I am turning 35 this year - holy marshmallows - and I am excited about Windows 11, after falling in love with Vista, being disappointed by the visuals of Win7, unimpressed with Win8, but hopefull with Win8.1

I've been using Windows 10 and Pop! OS/Ubuntu/elementary OS Linux distros on and off ever since Win10 landed in 2015 (for Windows, mostly the LTSB/LTSC releases) but I am once again hopefull we might finally get a simplified Windows experience for those who don't want to spend endless hours pouring through settings and tweaks, while still being powerfull enough to accomodate "power users" across the board.

Mission impossible? Probably, but we live to witness the act of trying by Microsoft, as flawed as their strategies may be.

So hello, and I hope you're all having a good day :)