TrayClockWClass

Nerosutton

Reaction score
Can someone at Microsoft please update Windows 11 to include the TrayClockWClass function?
I broke the microscope I have been using to read the time and date in the tray.
Thanks

Nerosutton

Reaction score
Windows 11 kills the ability to run some third-party tray clocks. Specifically, it removed a class called TrayClockWClass.
The Windows 11 tray clock font is so small that it is almost unreadable. And, there is no way to adjust the font size.
My OP was a humorous attempt to draw attention to this problem.

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Hmm. ? ( Your joke!)

Nor t sure where to go with this. I have indifferent eyesight at my age, but this looks great to me???
1648034190942.png

Vote:

Nerosutton

Reaction score
My eyesight is poor when it comes to small fonts. I used to use an app called Atomic Alarm Clock but since MS removed the ability to make changes to the tray with Windows 11 (namely, they disabled TrayClockWClass) I can no longer use it.
The only work around is a clock gadget. Here's what the gadget looks like compared to the system clock/date:
1648034539821.png

Vote:

C T

Reaction score
Can someone at Microsoft please update Windows 11 to include the TrayClockWClass function?
I broke the microscope I have been using to read the time and date in the tray.
Thanks

I used ExplorerPatcher and changed the tray to Windows 10 style, it works!

Vote:

daveposh

Reaction score
I use Atomic Alarm Clock on my Windows 10 desktop. Now can't put it on my Windows 11 laptop. Major reason I like it is that I can right click on it and open a small calendar popup to check dates. Quicker than using an app.

Vote: