Unclaimed @ Unpartitioned 750MB Space

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Was just wandering around, since I have done most tune-up and tweaks .. executed the AOMEI Partition Wizard tool to check the health of drive. However, suddenly I found out that there is nearly 750MB of space was reserved "blankly", as it was not marked the purpose of the reserved space. I was curious and deleted the partition and merge it with the Windows 11 original partition.

I have checked another computer, also having the same partition reservation .. but never serve any purpose. We all know the System Reserved 100MB is made by Windows upon installation .. but;

Screenshot-9.jpg

After deleting and merging .. everything works fine even after reboot..

Screenshot-10.jpg

Please have your disk partition checked, for that unclaimed / unallocated space of 750MB .. the partition is still a mystery .. :D

Grizzly

Reaction score
This may be the partition created for the encryption of drive c:\. When I installed my Windows 11 I had only a 638MB partition for Recovery. When I encrypted my drive (Windows does that sometimes automatically), another partition appeared in the same size like you have with being almost full. This partition is there to stay, even if one decrypts the drive again. I am not worried about a partition less than 1 GB in size as I have plenty of space available. This is the only explanation I have...

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Then it should be fine, because I have never seen such partition in 22H2 .. I don't trust useless crappy "Microsoft Restore", anyway I have weekly safety backup via Macrium Reflect for me to just restore nicely incase of need ..

Thanks mate ! :)

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
On a different Notebook now, Dell Inspiron 15 5537 from 2013. It came with Win8, upgraded to Win10 then couple weeks ago used the Upgrade to Win11 with the mounted .iso downloaded using the MCT. Made the single-file tweak to get on this old machine, only one issue so far, my daughter has Internet with streaming and Modem/Router is set up for 5G Wireless, this computer doesn't have it.

This is the drive layout:
1700756870418.png

Vote: