Value of the Insider program.

davehc

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

When Windows 11 was released, I quickly joined the insider program (Beta). I just as quickly left it again, as I saw no advantage for me personally.

Last week, I decided to give it another go.
No prob joining and receiving and installing the latest Beta.

Now. No sarcasm or criticism intend. Please, no "under the hood" answers.

What should I be looking for after Ms's two years of development? I finished up with a copy of Windows 11, absolutely identical to the original which I have installed a long time ago. A thorough search through the settings revealed nothing!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The primary reason I joined it was to get access to the new features a little earlier, then have a chance to submit some feedback about it. I've got one PC that I normally run the Dev channel on, plus alpha/beta versions of the software I use. There's just something fun about being at the bleeding edge. I don't think there's an advantage to the majority of users, but for technical/power users (or whatever the right word is), it's a fun feature.

That said, on my work computer, I'll stick to the stable versions of Windows / apps!

davehc

Reaction score
"There's just something fun about being at the bleeding edge."

Right on!??

Ask a Question