Voice typing times out

JayP

Reaction score
I'm using Windows 11 Home. Voice typing (activated by depressing Windows key + H) works great--but it times out after 10 minutes. I've tried it on Word 2021 and Notepad with the same results. Is there any way to change it so it won't time out?

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I'm using Windows 11 Home. Voice typing (activated by depressing Windows key + H) works great--but it times out after 10 minutes. I've tried it on Word 2021 and Notepad with the same results. Is there any way to change it so it won't time out?

Microsoft updated the timeout period when dictating (WIN+H) to be from 5 seconds to 10 seconds, to give you a bit more time to think about what you want to say. If you’d like to stop the dictation before then, just say “Stop dictating” or press WIN+H (same as in previous builds).

I use Voice Assist feature in the morning as I wake up to just open some important website windows because I'm, too lazy to reach the keyboard ..

try enabling this .. and make sure the cursor remains in the text field all the time ..

1670902289145.png

Vote:

Ask a Question