Watermark for incompatible machines-

davehc

Reaction score
MS are beginning to roll out, withing cumulative updates, watermark if your machine is identified as incompatible. Bottom right of your desktop and not to obtrusive. Plenty of examples on rhe web if you google.

Callistemon

Reaction score
"Incompatible" isn't the correct world for all the hundreds of millions of well performing and compatible computers that are arbitrarily banned from Windows 11 because of the Despicable Requirements.

davehc

Reaction score
"Incompatible" isn't the correct world for all the hundreds of millions of well performing and compatible computers that are arbitrarily banned from Windows 11 because of the Despicable Requirements.
“Is identified as incompatible” Not m y words - Microsofts.

davehc

Reaction score
There was certainly an error of judgement, when Windows 11 surfaced. IMO, bearing in mind that Microsoft have since relented and offered a "fix" for some older models of computers, the whole shebang was a mistake.
Windows so-called "11" need never have happened.
It could easily have come out as a cumulative optional update to Windows 10, with an automatic caution that without the mentioned requirements, the computer might give problems in the future with, not only OS updates, but more advanced software needing those same requirements.
I charged in and have now , tongue in cheek, updated several computers, my domestic ones and a couple or so of elderly enthusiasts. Now running for some months, none, so far, have given the slightest hint of problems. I must emphasise, though, that we are none of us enthusiastic game players, just using the computers as office tools, albeit on some cases a little advanced.

I have been happy with this, and until now, have had no serious bones to pick with MS. Their friendly warning, in the update section, that my computer is not compatible did not trouble me.
Now, for them to plan to put a Watermark on my desktop telling me something I am well aware of, does trouble me. It does almost seem that it is being done with malicious intent (lol)

What the whole thing does, in reality, is sell a lot more computers at the retail end. We are all aware that MS has big shares in at least two computer manufacturers.:cool::rolleyes:

StevenG

Reaction score
This is the watermark
Windows-11-unsupported-watermark.jpg
Also and even with a fully compatible platforms that complies to the TPM, CPU's and GPU's that MS wants, Win-11 still has problems with the old and the latest update the "2022-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5013943)" update which downloads the update and goes through the install process with the % guide of the install but, half way through it goes into a looped black screen which is "Update underway keep your computer on” keeps going for hours??? But its also not true (as I painfully found out) as I turned off my laptop and rebooted it and it reboots 100% without any damage to the OS. But and after, I get the old "black screen with the cursor issue" and I have to press enter for the screen to go to the Win-11 login screen.

This is exactly the same from Microsoft as my laptop is a brand new 11th Gen Intel CPU 32GB RAM and fully compatible with Win-11 and the same old same old problems are beginning to happen with Win-11 as they also did with Win XP, Vista, 7. 8 and 10. So nothing new from Microsoft as Win-11 is not the be all and end all as it’s the same painful experience as all the other OS’s from Microsoft

Last edited:

Bastet

Reaction score
How to remove that:

Ask a Question