Windows 11 screen flickering and then suddenly turning black screen .

tbo64

Reaction score
Thank you so much sharizah, it works perfectly

While it fixes the problem with video acceleration turned off, everything gets laggy... It should be ON.
Updating Intel graphic drivers has fixed the issue for me. thanks

Last edited:

shalsey

Reaction score
I had this problem of black screen flicking on and off when using Chrome (only when not maximised) on Windows 11 and also the screen would go pixelated as I moved the mouse across it. I could reliably reproduce it by moving my cursor over the tabs and away (it happened when the mini-window over the tab appeared and disappeared). This was on a Dell Inspiron 15 model 5518. Fixed by doing full Windows Update on Nov 28th 2021, which included a bunch of Dell Firmware updates (which are what I suspect fixed the problem - which was probably the display firmware issue relating to Windows 11). All fine now :)

orlbuckeye

Reaction score
I also having the same problem. It's causing by Hardware Acceleration configuration for the browser. It's back to normal after I turn off the Hardware Acceleration.

Edge Settings>System
Google Chrome Settings>Advanced
Firefox Settings>General>Performance
That's what I was thinking also. I had the issue with Green video in Gom Player plus and when I turn hardware acceleration off it went away.

WheelSnipeCelly

Reaction score
I also having the same problem. It's causing by Hardware Acceleration configuration for the browser. It's back to normal after I turn off the Hardware Acceleration.

Edge Settings>System
Google Chrome Settings>Advanced
Firefox Settings>General>Performance
Thanks for this, it worked for me (do far) as well. Cheers

shaneomac

Reaction score
This happens to me only when I use the Edge browser at times and I get all types of strange artifacts, black screen flickering and distorted graphical glitches on certain icons, mouse cursor and other elements. Made a little video on how it looks. I have all the latest Intel drivers on my Dell XPS 13 (one of the latest models) and Im running the latest build of Windows 11. Really irretating once it starts happening.

I have a new Dell XPS 13 I just got and it does the same thing in windows 11

MantisShrimp

Reaction score
It's happening on my new Dynabook, with 64GB of RAM and Windows 11 with these specs:

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎1/‎5/‎2022
OS build 22000.434
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.434.0

Turning off hardware acceleration in my browsers is the only way I've found to solve the problem, yet it thereby degrades transitions on webpages. Where can this be reported to MS engineers?

vynski

Reaction score
The only problem I have had similar to these involves the Freesync. My monitors on both my Ryzen 7 2700, Radeon RX 480, with MSI mpg X570 Gaming Plus board and the Ryzen 9 3900X, Radeon RX 5700 XT, with MSI MEG ACE X570 board with Samsung Freesync monitors. With the Freesync enabled and you try to enter the BIOS you get a black screen. I honestly think the system goes to the BIOS, you just can't see anything. Disable the Freesync and the problem goes away. So I just live with it and enable the Freesync to run Super Resolution and if I need to enter the BIOS for whatever reason I turn turn Freesync OFF.

So just for curiosity sake, try disabling Freesync and see if that solves your problems.
A couple of the POSTS sound like they might be a power supply issue.

Vishal kg

Reaction score
This happens to me only when I use the Edge browser at times and I get all types of strange artifacts, black screen flickering and distorted graphical glitches on certain icons, mouse cursor and other elements. Made a little video on how it looks. I have all the latest Intel drivers on my Dell XPS 13 (one of the latest models) and Im running the latest build of Windows 11. Really irretating once it starts happening.

Here also same problem in dell inspiron 15 5501 laptop

Mickey52

Reaction score
This screen flashing has reappeared many times seems they can't fix this and other (I think) Edge issues but still want to move on and add other things that eventually would not work.
I have issues with yahoo mail and mail/calendar app that has not work right for over 2 months. Win 11 appears to be driver BIOS sensitive that Win10 wasn't only thing good about Win11 was the conversion from 10 to 11 it went better than I thought it would, but it's been downhill since.

CounselorKevininPA

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions. I've been experiencing similar issues. My laptop montior appears to "pulsate" between clear and blurry...almost as if there was a vibration. After 45-60 seconds, the screen goes black. The only fix seems to be shutting down the laptop and restarting it. Does anyone know if any of the suggestions above will provide a solution for this?

Ask a Question