Your PC does not meet the minimum hardware requirements

Uncle Bob

Reaction score
The latest PC Health Checker from our good friends and neighbors at Microsoft tells me that my computer meets the requirements for running Windows 11. This is confirmed by WhyNotWin11.

However ... Windows Update still insists that the machine does not meet requirements.

I suspect I am missing something basic here, but after scratching my head all morning trying to figure out what that might be, I am lost in space.

Does anyone have any insights/suggestions/clues?

Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I assume a device might fulfill the system requirements, but....
Maybe you'll need to toggle on some of them in the BIOS in order to tip things in your favor.
Check things like secure boot and TPM v2 and see if they are enabled

Uncle Bob

Reaction score
I assume a device might fulfill the system requirements, but....
Maybe you'll need to toggle on some of them in the BIOS in order to tip things in your favor.
Check things like secure boot and TPM v2 and see if they are enabled

Yes, all that is correctly set. Actually, I have managed to install Win11, thanks to Tom's Hardware:

I didn't do the clean install; that's next. I did do an upgrade from a licensed Win10 on the allegedly problematic machine. It's running quite nicely and updated after the upgrade.

Ask a Question