Microsoft have added a really clever feature to Bing, where you can talk to an AI assistant to help you search. It's an extremely powerful tool, and likely to revolutionise how search works in the coming years. However, if you'd like to remove this new "discover" icon, just follow the steps below. Be warned, it involves the use of the Registry Editor - so please follow the instructions carefully.
- Open the Registry Editor by searching for "regedit" on the start menu:
- Browse to the following registry entry:
- Now, right click in the large panel and select New > Key and call the folder Edge:
If this Key already exists, skip this step.
- Browse to the Edge key you created, then right click in the large panel and select New > DWORD (32-bit). Call this DWORD Value HubsSidebarEnabled. The default value should be "0" already:
- Close the Registry Editor and open Edge. Then browse to edge://policy in the navigation bar. Click Reload Policies and the Discover button will disappear: