Automatically lock Windows 11 when computer not in use?

Napoli

Reaction score
I've found a way to put my monitor or PC to sleep when I don't use the compupter for a certain number of minutes, but I can't find a way to lock Windows 11 so that I need to log back in. Is there a way to do this?

I don't want my PC to be accessible when I'm not around, as I often leave my laptop on my desk at work. Normally I will lock it before I go, but I occasionally forget and would like to protect it.

davehc

Reaction score
Try the winkey +L - doesnt work for a minority, but you will probably be ok
you need your password/pin to open again!

Josh Ready

Reaction score
You can simply change your screensaver to blank (if you don't want a screensaver), set the timeout duration you want it to be, and put a check in "On resume, display logon screen'.

davehc

Reaction score
You can simply change your screensaver to blank (if you don't want a screensaver), set the timeout duration you want it to be, and put a check in "On resume, display logon screen'.
I don't think that will lock it?

Josh Ready

Reaction score
I don't think that will lock it?
It does. It will return you to the login screen like Win+L logs you out of your account. If your screensaver is set to none, it will not work, but with Blank (or any other screensaver) it will require you to log in after the time specified in the screensaver setting.

davehc

Reaction score
Thankyou , Josh. I dont use screensavers (That they do not), but it interesting info to add to the collection. - fwiw, didnt even know there was one called "Blank":eek::oops:

Ask a Question