How to unlock taskbar in Windows 11

Grizzly

Reaction score
The taskbar cannot be unlocked.... yet. there is a Registry hack out that moves the taskbar to the top and it will be static there too.

davehc

Reaction score
Not sure what is meant by "unlocking". What is it you want to do with the taskbar? Personalisation - Taskbar gives several normal operations that can be used.

clevenger23

Reaction score
I want it off of my main screen and placed on one of my other displays. also would like to have it on the left of the screen, but that seams to be buggy. I kind of need it OFF of my main monitor.

davehc

Reaction score
Nothing buggy if you move it. It is exactly the same screen

Diogi

Reaction score
Not sure what is meant by "unlocking". What is it you want to do with the taskbar? Personalisation - Taskbar gives several normal operations that can be used.
What I want to do is have 2 rows of icons like I could on Windows 10. Unlock the task bar, left click, drag up, and voila!! 2 rows of icons. THIS is what is meant by "unlocking the task bar".

Equeslibertatis

Reaction score
It is not exactly what you want but this might be a good workaround and solve your issue

Maybe try SystemTrayMenu

SystemTrayMenu, an open-source sidebar for Windows has released version 1.2.9.0

SystemTrayMenu

Browse and open your files easily

SystemTrayMenu is an open-source 'Desktop Toolbar' or 'Start Menu' alternative. It offers a clear, personalized menu which can be opened via keyboard or mouse. Files, links and folders are organized in several levels as drop-down menus.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/rgj2du

AussieLand

Reaction score
You can always hide the taskbar by right clicking on it and choose Taskbar settings and then click on Taskbar behaviours then click Automatically hide the Taskbar. All you have to do to bring it up again is to move your mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen.

Ask a Question