Anyone know how to add Quick Launch to the taskbar in Windows 11?

Gabriel

Reaction score
Right click on start button for task manager and all the menu which was under right click on task bar

JohnCz

Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but anyway:
Try this: Obtain the Windows 10 version of explorer.exe. Most likely you will have to match versions. I did it with version 22H2 for both.

Now enter the troubleshooting environment (restart with shift down) -> Advanced Options -> Command Prompt. Copy the Windows 10 version of explorer.exe over to the Windows folder allowing overwrite. Restart the Windows and here you are. You have an old good taskbar and the ability to add Quick Launch. I am still in the middle of testing this approach, so please make a backup before making any changes. For me, so far this is working fantastically.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
I guess I don't understand the question, because, for years what is now called the "Taskbar" was known as the "Quick Launch Toolbar".
Because if you single click on any icon in the 'Taskbar' that program will immediately RUN!
So what is more "Quick Launch" than that?

:cool:

JohnCz

Reaction score
You have probably never used the Quick Launch bar.

Taskbar and Quick Launch bar are two completely different entities. Taskbar shows the currently running applications and so-called pinned applications. Indeed you can launch any application pinned to the taskbar with one click.

The Quick Launch bar is a toolbar with buttons representing shortcuts that are added to the Quick Launch folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch.

The difference is that you can create shortcuts and control application launch with different options and use command line parameters, which cannot be done with applications pinned to the taskbar. This allows you to create multiple shortcuts shortcut with different options for launching the same app.

For example, you can have one shortcut that launches an app as an admin or another without administrative privileges. Or you can create several shortcuts that launch an app with different commands which again cannot be done with applications pinned to the taskbar.

davehc

Reaction score
As John says. But I am in empathy with ehe shadows remark:rolleyes:;)

Ask a Question