Autopilot.dll WIL error

Gtspeck

Reaction score
I am getting persistent/multiple errors in the event viewer, “ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider”.

Autopilot.dll WIL error was reported.
HRESULT: 0x80070491
File: onecoreuap\admin\moderndeployment\autopilot\dll\dllmain.cpp, line 128

I have been able to determine it deals with the Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant.
Description: Enables user sign-in through Microsoft account identity services. If this service is stopped, users will not be able to logon to the computer with their Microsoft account.

When I disabled it, I incurred additional issues related to logging into Microsoft apps such as Edge, Store etc. However, the error went away. Needless to say, I set it back to manual.

The error is also generated every time I open a Microsoft App.

I also performed windows repair but it didn’t solve the issue.

SFC nor DISM are reporting errors.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Windows Build/Version22H2 KB5018427 (OS Build 22621.674)

Sir_George

Reaction score
I am getting persistent/multiple errors in the event viewer, “ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider”.

Autopilot.dll WIL error was reported.
HRESULT: 0x80070491
File: onecoreuap\admin\moderndeployment\autopilot\dll\dllmain.cpp, line 128

I have been able to determine it deals with the Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant.
Description: Enables user sign-in through Microsoft account identity services. If this service is stopped, users will not be able to logon to the computer with their Microsoft account.

When I disabled it, I incurred additional issues related to logging into Microsoft apps such as Edge, Store etc. However, the error went away. Needless to say, I set it back to manual.

The error is also generated every time I open a Microsoft App.

I also performed windows repair but it didn’t solve the issue.

SFC nor DISM are reporting errors.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Windows Build/Version22H2 KB5018427 (OS Build 22621.674)
The best article I found for the error you listed is at the site listed below.

Vote:

Gtspeck

Reaction score
The best article I found for the error you listed is at the site listed below.

I've tried all of those suggestions, except overclocking as I have not made any changes to that feature, to no avail. Disabling the Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant service did stop the error but caused issues using Microsoft Apps.

Vote:

Ask a Question