Bootmenu set to default

Charger

Reaction score
well,
when I had win-10 I wrote this: system32>bootsect /nt60 c: /mbr
but now I do not have mbr,
how do I set the bootmenu to default within win-11?

(I had linux on a seperate disk, now I formatted that disk, when booting I have to press F12, then choose "Windows bootmanager")

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Typically, there is a location within your system's BIOS settings where you would choose your boot order.
My thought is that if, you are having to choose it from an F12 (one time boot menu) then your current settings there are incorrect.

Charger

Reaction score
well, the case is this: when I shutdown the computer, then turn on the pc, there is no problem.
but when I restart/reboot the computer I have to press "F12" in order to get the menu on the screenshot.
otherwise the pc will not boot. (debian partition is formatted)
This trouble I often had on windows-10 everytime when I formatted a linux partition on (D, E, F)
and I solved that problem very quickly on windows-10 once typing this: system32>bootsect /nt60 c: /mbr

now with win-11 that problem is with: system32>bootsect /nt60 c: /mbr not solvable.
no matter what I do on BIOS
the other case is: I wonder why that trouble I have only when I reboot the PC
I can live with that matter for a while, hope found a solution in near future, if not, I have to reinstall win-11.

Attachments

• Untitled2222.jpg
    Untitled2222.jpg
    632.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the further clarification (cold boots fine problem is with warm boot / restart)
Peculiar and I'm afraid, outside my scope of experience, but still interested....

Are there multiple physical drives attached to the system?
You've twice referenced a linux based "partition" do you have a sense that now that it's formatted it may be causing the issue.

Maybe post an image of your Disk Management window
DiskMgt.PNG

Looking at msconfig boot tab...
Anything there that might be an indicator

Msconfig.PNG

Charger

Reaction score
I only have 1 physical HDD, 3 partitions (C, D, E)
But now I suppose where is the beef (Efi is not formatted)

Attachments

• hdd.jpg
    hdd.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 3

Charger

Reaction score
formatting EFI partition is not possible, I think I have to install debian anew, then reinstall it to solve that problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
you'll notice that mine does not reflect a file system type "format" and I suspect that is as expected and normal.

One question....
Do you have your one physical drive connected to port 0 (or sometime port 1), in any case the first SATA port available on your motherboard.

Ask a Question