Reset Windows 10

jvickers

Reaction score
Well, after enabling all the minutia Microsoft wants us to have in order to use Windows 11, I still wasn't able to install it. My rig would complete the initial installation in Windows 10 but would freeze with the HDD light blinking like a heartbeat and the screen black after clearing the BIOS stage of reboot. I ended up having to reset my system. It was a long, arduous process, but Windows 11 finally installed. I also cleared up about 50GB of room on the installation drive in the process. :cool:

Of course, I had to reinstall all my programs and somehow remember the login passwords, but it was worth it. There are some some little glitches here and there, but things overall seem stable.

So, if Windows 11 isn't installing for you, you might have to reset your Windows prior to installing Windows 11. (I hope that's sound advice, at least!)

Ask a Question