Broken Hearted

Janiceruth

Reaction score
Is there nothing I can do to my laptop to make it accept Windows 11? It went up to 10 flawlessly. I've had to start using an external disc drive, as the internal one quit, but we are getting along just fine. As an 80+ person, I doubt that I will be able to put together the money for a new machine.

Janiceruth

Reaction score
Dave, you are very kind to say this, and it helped my attitude tremendously. I'm just "in to" new things/miracles in electronics. In the past, I have even changed my own hard drive, although not too much talent to unplug, plugin. I also set up my own WiFi when it was fairly new to homes, I guess I just felt as if I was letting myself down. I'll try to continue to readjust my Igo.

Vote:

Pocah

Reaction score
I would certainly not worry about this just yet. I am like you, I like to get the latest tech, but with Microsoft that really is a bad idea. It will no doubt have bugs and privacy / advertising issues when it first launches and it will take months to settle, for Microsoft to sort out the problem and enthusiasts to work out ways around the stupidities, privacy issues and block all the advertising!! So it really is best to wait six months and see what happens. I am sure that people will find a way to help you, but you have to give them time. And installing it on launch day is just not enough time.

Vote:

Charliedog

Reaction score
Since Microsoft has committed to support Windows 10 until October 2025, I don't feel a need to rush into installing W11-even though it may feel good to have the latest and greatest tech. Just my $.02.

Vote:

Clintlgm

Reaction score
Is there nothing I can do to my laptop to make it accept Windows 11? It went up to 10 flawlessly. I've had to start using an external disc drive, as the internal one quit, but we are getting along just fine. As an 80+ person, I doubt that I will be able to put together the money for a new machine.
No worries, I have 2 units a notebook and one desktop that can be upgraded to 11, I have no intention of doing that for at least a year or so. I don't think we're missing much of anything except issues to solve. Just a youngster here at 75, Still build my own systems

Vote:

Ask a Question