Can Windows 11 be altered or changed to have the power button be configured the same as Windows 10

bondy99

Reaction score
I have managed to install and get windows 11 to work and update without the TPM checks.

Is it possible to have the power buttons to be placed back in the left corner of the screen like Windows 10 has? If so, how does one go about it?

Where the power button used to be in Windows 10, is now occupied by Widgets in Windows 11.

Grizzly

Reaction score
yes, it can. By default, the Start button is in the middle. However, it can be set to be on the left as it is in Windows 10.

Taskbar.jpg

Vote:

bondy99

Reaction score
Ok, Thanks.

To do this does one go into settings, then personalization and then click left? I notice you have Taskbar. Not sure if mine has that unless the taskbar is the entire middle square. Cheers

Vote:

Sir Vagus Mus

Reaction score
You can use a 3rd party software like Stardock Start11 (paid) or open-shell (freeware) to change the start menu, start button and Taskbar options also. There are videos about both pieces of software on YouTube if you wanna learn more.

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Ok, Thanks.

To do this does one go into settings, then personalization and then click left? I notice you have Taskbar. Not sure if mine has that unless the taskbar is the entire middle square. Cheers
Click “personalisation”, and you will then see the taskbar options

Vote:

Mickey52

Reaction score
you may not want to do that; an update is coming that will move the widget spot on the task bar to the left side where the old Win10 start button used to be. Since that happened, I am beginning to like the arrangement more and more.

Vote:

Ask a Question