Can't Access Some Common Websites

rbcap

Reaction score
Hello,

I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11recently and am noticing that some common websites are timing out and don't open. For example if I try to access https://www.canada411.ca, I get the following error message on Microsoft Edge:

Hmmm… can't reach this page​

www.canada411.ca took too long to respond

I wonder what could be causing this. I suspect it could be a setting in Edge or Windows 11. Would appreciate any suggestions or comments.

Thanks

Solution
A few weeks ago, I saw a pop-up from Microsoft asking if I wanted to install some kind of "enhanced" security/protection. I can't remember the details but it looked legitimate and I opted for it. Following that, I get the following message when I try to access many websites:
View attachment 1012

I usually say skip verification in order to go to the site. Can this advanced protection be turned off or set up differently? I guess I'm defeating the purpose by clicking on "Skip verification". Any comments/suggestions regarding this would be appreciated. Do others have this issue? Tx
Open the Windows Security app by clicking the shield icon in the task bar or searching the start menu for Security. Scroll to the Settings on the left side...

Bighorn

Reaction score
I'm seeing the same thing in Firefox on Win11 Pro. At one point the Status Bar at the bottom of the screen mentioned Google Analytics. I'd also wonder if CloudFlare is having an issue.

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
Hello,

I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11recently and am noticing that some common websites are timing out and don't open. For example if I try to access https://www.canada411.ca, I get the following error message on Microsoft Edge:

Hmmm… can't reach this page​

www.canada411.ca took too long to respond

I wonder what could be causing this. I suspect it could be a setting in Edge or Windows 11. Would appreciate any suggestions or comments.

Thanks
I had no problem with the link you provided using Edge Version 112.0.1722.34 (Official build) (64-bit). I, also, had no problem loading the link with my Brave browser.

Vote:

rbcap

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I saw a pop-up from Microsoft asking if I wanted to install some kind of "enhanced" security/protection. I can't remember the details but it looked legitimate and I opted for it. Following that, I get the following message when I try to access many websites:
1681054828114.png

I usually say skip verification in order to go to the site. Can this advanced protection be turned off or set up differently? I guess I'm defeating the purpose by clicking on "Skip verification". Any comments/suggestions regarding this would be appreciated. Do others have this issue? Tx

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
View attachment 1012

Open the Windows Security app by clicking the shield icon in the task bar or searching the start menu for Security. Scroll to the Settings on the left side. Select Notifications section and select Manage notification settings. Slide the switch to Off or On to disable or enable additional notifications.

Vote:
Solution

Ask a Question