Displaying Different Images on Different Monitors

jab8356

Reaction score
I just tried 11 and the way it works in 10 doesn't in 11. In 11 it gives you choices of desktops, not monitors. Please Microsoft, bring back the option for different images on dual monitors!

jvickers

Reaction score
If you right-click on one of the images you've used, you can select which monitor on which you'd like to place it. I have three monitors, all with separate images, using this technique.

background on different monitors.png

jab8356

Reaction score
That's exactly what I was doing, but it doesn't say monitor 1 or 2, it says desktop 1 or 2 and no matter which one I select, it changes both monitors.

jvickers

Reaction score
That's odd. Are you running Windows 11 Pro or Home? I'm running Pro on the Insiders Beta Channel. You might provide Microsoft with feedback if you're an Windows Insiders.

jab8356

Reaction score
I was on Win 10 Pro. I upgraded to 11 with Windows update in 10. I've since reverted back to 10 with my backup until I see a fix for this. If enough people have the same issue, sooner or later someone will figure it out.

jab8356

Reaction score
I temporarily put 11 back on and tried updating the video driver, but still have this...

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 4

Ask a Question