Word 365 / Windows 11 not properly displaying or printing OTF fonts (also known as CFF fonts)

johnehoffman

Reaction score
Starting about 3 weeks ago, Word 365 under Windows 11 beta stopped displaying or printing OTF fonts, substituting Arial instead.

TTF fonts work without problem.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled all the fonts.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft 365 Apps for Business (which includes Office 365).
I've uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 11 (keeping apps and files).
I've cleared Word's font cache.

None of those steps helped. I have a large collection of Adobe fonts, all of which are OTF, and I cannot now use any of them in Word.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Darrell

Reaction score
Hello,
Have you filed a Feedback bug?
What applications are not displaying the fonts? All Applications or just some applications? Do any Apps work with those Fonts
what is the printer that cannot display the Fonts?
when the fonts do not display are they just not showing in the lists or are there blank characters when attempting to type using those fonts?
Can you list some of the OTF Fonts that are not displaying?
Do the OTF fonts show in Font Settings?

mbell2034

Reaction score
I also have this problem. Minion Pro OTF not displaying in Word and Excel. Strangely, it is working in PowerPoint.

Panoramic

Reaction score
OK - so I fixed my own problem, and hopefully this will help others...
OTF fonts do not function properly. Fortunately, there are several free services online that will convert OTF fonts to TTF fonts, after which Word handles them correctly. Remember to embed the font into your document for the full benefit.

Ask a Question