Dual boot Windows 11

FloridaGal

Reaction score
Will this version of Windows 11 let me install as a dual boot? I have an older computer running Win 7 I'd like to put it on without losing my Win 7.

jvickers

Reaction score
I believe you have to upgrade your Windows 10 OS to Windows 11 now. So, if you don't already have Windows 10 installed on a dual boot system, I'm thinking you can't do it.

Grizzly

Reaction score
as an additional note: Windows 11 will only install if you participate in the Windows Insider program as it is not officially released yet...

FloridaGal

Reaction score
I believe you have to upgrade your Windows 10 OS to Windows 11 now. So, if you don't already have Windows 10 installed on a dual boot system, I'm thinking you can't do it.
This is the Developers version not the final. It's been recommended that it be installed on an older - not your main - pc. My main pc has Windows 10 Home on it; but I don't want to put this beta version on there. A lot of the restrictions that will apply to the final actual version have been lifted for this test version.

Ask a Question