Windows 11 Secure Boot error 'enable' ??

daub

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have upgraded my PC approximately 4 months ago with all new parts - Motherboard, AMD CPU Ryzen 3 3100 4, RAM Corsair 16GB, GPU Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 Super. To my surprise it's failed Windows 11 minimum requirements. Works like a charm with Windows 10 Pro 64bit, and I've never had a problem.

The motherboard in question is the - ASUS ROG Strix B550-A Gaming Motherboard. I have logged a call with ASUS Technical Support and they have had this for a week. They sent me some instructions on how to modify the BIOS, but their BIOS screen shots do not match my BIOS screen options. ASUS currently still looking into this issue.

I have attached my screen shots, with the errors and BIOS screen options.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Duraid.

Attachments

• ASUSMB01072021.JPG
    ASUSMB01072021.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 8
  • W111.jpg
    W111.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 8
  • W112.jpg
    W112.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Win11error.JPG
    Win11error.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 6
  • ASUS MB.JPG
    ASUS MB.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 5

jvickers

Reaction score
What other options for secure boot do you have? Have you tried changing that setting in the BIOS? (Sorry, I forget what secure boot my MB has.)

daub

Reaction score
What other options for secure boot do you have? Have you tried changing that setting in the BIOS? (Sorry, I forget what secure boot my MB has.)
My other option is to select:
Other OS.

I have received the following reply from ASUS overnight:

"Based on the sent images of your current setting and secure boot unsupported error, please be advised that for exact compatibility, we need to wait for Microsoft to confirm and verify which CPU’s are being supported. Any Intel 8th Generation or newer, or AMD Ryzen 2 or newer, with TPM enabled in the UEFI BIOS, can install Windows 11. Microsoft is currently evaluating older CPU’s, so the device compatibility may increase. A compatibility checker will be available soon from microsoft.com/windows/windows-11, located at the bottom of the page under “Check for compatibility”. We recommend running this utility first when available as it will be able to confirm your specific hardware as being Windows 10 or Windows 11 eligible to further isolate and resolve this issue."

jvickers

Reaction score
Well, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your secure boot setting. It looks like your CPU. Here's a list of all CPUs compatible with Windows 11: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...d=_f0iv96n6kgkfqig2x3u1g02jbn2xu6kzfevdl1ci00

So, it doesn't look to be your CPU unless I'm reading that incorrectly. It looks like ASUS thinks it's not their MB. That's the only things I could think of. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Ask a Question