Edge vs Chrome vs Firefox

nystormer

Reaction score
Microsoft keeps pushing me to switch to Edge browser since I installed Windows 11. I've been a long time user of FireFox as I've found it light loading and fast. Is Edge really any better, or is it just being forced on users?

I deliberately moved away from IE11 many years ago and haven't used Edge in Windows 10. Is it just a rebranding of Internet Explorer?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is it just a rebranding of Internet Explorer?
Nope. It's a full fledged cross platform browser based on Chromium, using the same rendering engine as Chrome (with some enhancements). Lot of changes from IE as well as the initial legacy version of Edge.
Is Edge really any better
"Better" is very subjective.
My thoughts are....
IF you are using an alternate browser, it does what you want, you like it and it works on Windows 11, stick with it.
Personally, I use Edge almost exclusively now although I still use Chrome occasionally, mostly when accessing by Google account.

nystormer

Reaction score
Thank you @Trouble. Does that mean that Edge and Chrome are virtually the same? I would rather trust my data to Microsoft over Google, so maybe I use FireFox and Edge together.

davehc

Reaction score
Echo Troubles post. I only use Edge. Once you have found your way around the settings, it is pretty good. At this moment, I am using it on an Ipad - not bad there either

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thank you @Trouble. Does that mean that Edge and Chrome are virtually the same? I would rather trust my data to Microsoft over Google, so maybe I use FireFox and Edge together.
Nope.... not at all.
Perhaps under the proverbial hood, there are some similarities, but...
The user interface is different, the available customizations are different, finding where to switch on and switch off all the bits and bobs is different.

It would take, even an enthusiastic Edge convert, some time and patience to get comfortable using it.
Many, don't want to spend the time it takes for familiarization

windows user

Reaction score
Edge is way better than chrome i love it it is awesome use it every where you can even install certain websites as apps for instance I can install this site a app.

nataliee

Reaction score
I use chrome , I know that takes all my laptop resources but it's ok , it works fine

Ask a Question