Microsoft Edge Running Slow

Edwrd10

Reaction score
After the last recent update to Win 11 my Edge browser is running slow as molasses. It takes forever to go to web pages. I guess Edge is no longer the fast browser they claim it to be. Is any one else having this problem?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
All is working ok with Edge for me (on current latest stable and on dev) - do other browsers work as expected?

Have you got any plugins installed, or 3rd party AV tools that may interact with Edge? I'd be interested to know if you get the same slow experience in an Edge InPrivate session (you can press CTRL+SHIFT+N within Edge to load this).

Vote:

Edwrd10

Reaction score
All is working ok with Edge for me (on current latest stable and on dev) - do other browsers work as expected?

Have you got any plugins installed, or 3rd party AV tools that may interact with Edge? I'd be interested to know if you get the same slow experience in an Edge InPrivate session (you can press CTRL+SHIFT+N within Edge to load this).
I went through the extensions that I had installed and it was none of them. But, when I turned the Microsoft Edge Shopping Assistant the slowness went away and Edge is functioning better now. It seems that MS Shopping Assistant is the one causing Edge to have trouble navigating to a page, namely this Forum. When I would click on the Win 11 Forum it would take forever to get there. Now that the MS Shopping Assistant is off it goes real fast now.

Vote:

Edwrd10

Reaction score
I went through the extensions that I had installed and it was none of them. But, when I turned the Microsoft Edge Shopping Assistant the slowness went away and Edge is functioning better now. It seems that MS Shopping Assistant is the one causing Edge to have trouble navigating to a page, namely this Forum. When I would click on the Win 11 Forum it would take forever to get there. Now that the MS Shopping Assistant is off it goes real fast now.
I went to Dell and they just updated their WiFi drivers to accommodate Windows 11. After that update my WiFi got faster and and quicker to respond. Manufacturers are still playing catch up to update their driver software for Win 11. its going to take some time for drivers to be updated. Anyone having driver issues should keep checking their manufacturer web page for updated drivers for Win 11.

Vote:

Ask a Question