Exploer crashes, but immediatley comes back

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi,

I am on Windows 11 22621.1070, normal version, no insider.
Explorer crashes when I try to open certain folders. I first met the problem, when trying to open other drives (on the same disk and external = USB). But now it happens also when open the windows folder on C:\.

Tried everything: sfc /scannow and chkdsk /f and DISM /online.
Then I found on the internet, that the cause could be a corrupt user profile.
Created a new user account: same problem. So I removed the new user account again.

Finally I downloaded WINDbg following the instructions here and here and here.

I understand that it's probably an issue with a "dll". But to be honest, I have difficulties to read the Explorer crash log files. When I read them, one dll that's coming up very often (besides a lot of encrypted code) is "WINUI Xaml.dll".

But I found no solution on the net to replace this file.

Anyone who has met this issue ?

Thanks for any reply

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
It's a good reference though ..

Myself never installed or used any 3rdparty applications to customise my W11appearance and will never, the only tweak was done manually via registry entries and Windows 11 Manager to be able modify system according to my needs such as reduce memory usage, bloatware removals, foreign language removals inside System32 and SysWow64 folders .. once done, I just uninstall those tweaking apps.

I prefer my W11 appearance to stay stock as it is .. :)

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
Thank you all again !
Windows re-installed the updates overnight, because I was not quick enough to stop updates for seven days and the two updates were already downloaded. The problem is back.
Error message is the following (sorry for the French):

Error code.PNG

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
Ok, thanks Dave and Joe. Will uninstall TrueLaunchBar, ExplorerPatcher and Openshell (... yes, I have all three of them installed, Explorer Patcher over TLB, o_O) to see what happens and report back !

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
Yes, the problem effectively does not occur when Explorer Patcher is not installed. No problem with OpenShell (new version 4_4_190).
But I think, there will be an update from valinet ;)

So thanks again Bighorn, Xploit Machine and DaveHc for your kind, valuable and tireless help !
From my side, the thread can be closed.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Yes, the problem effectively does not occur when Explorer Patcher is not installed. No problem with OpenShell (new version 4_4_190).
But I think, there will be an update from valinet ;)

So thanks again Bighorn, Xploit Machine and DaveHc for your kind, valuable and tireless help !
From my side, the thread can be closed.

IMHO just jeave topic open .. might be useful to others member facing similiar issue ..

Vote:

Ask a Question