Folder Checkboxes are Permanent

Edwrd10

Reaction score
Since I installed Win 11 on my Dell Tablet I cannot get folder checkboxes to go away. I have checked the Folder Options Menu and the option to use Checkboxes is 'Unchecked" So I checked it hit apply, then I unchecked it again and hit apply and still all folders still have checkboxes. I re-installed a clean full version of Win 11 Pro, keeping nothing. And still all folders have checkboxes. I cannot figure out how to get rid of the folder checkboxes. Does anyone know how to get rid of the folder checkboxes?

djlad

Reaction score
I have same issue -- looking to find where it is stored in registry and check the value

Edwrd10

Reaction score
I have same issue -- looking to find where it is stored in registry and check the value
checked my registry entries and values were Zero. I also tried a DOS command line and it didn't work. I think its the way it installed. There seems to be no way to resolve this one. First time I installed Win 11 as an Upgrade and Checkboxes were there. So, I re-installed Win 11 and chose the Keep Nothing Option and did a clean install and still Checkboxes are there.

meddle71

Reaction score
I have the same issue, and also I cannot get Explorer to use Compact View even though this folder option is selected.

weshigbee

Reaction score
I have the problem too, not too much research yet other than it's not responding to options for a specific window I open (in different folders too)... might be a bug.. i set the setting off a long time ago and yet the checkboxes resurfaced (possibly after the last update).

Edwrd10

Reaction score
I built a new Win 11 desktop PC and there are no checkboxes. Only my Dell tablet has permanent checkboxes. Both were done as a clean install. So why does My Dell Tablet Have permanent checkboxes, but my new desktop install of Win 11 is OK, no checkboxes? It's a mystery. I wonder if Microsoft reads these Forum posts. I have also gave feedback on this checkbox problem several times. It is some kind of an install glitch.

Ask a Question