How to disable caps lock popup on Windows 11

recipepoverty

Reaction score
Since a recent update, my Windows 11 device has begun displaying this annoying popup whenever I toggle caps lock. Despite trying various troubleshooting steps like adjusting settings, restarting my computer, disabling startup apps, and even uninstalling the latest update, the notification persists. Is there a way to disable this feature? Thank you!
Device info:
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎8/‎22/‎2023
OS build 22631.3447
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0

Bighorn

Reaction score
I don't get that pop-up on my Dell Notebook with Pro, just a beep when toggling Caps Lock. I do get it on my HP Notebook with Home.

Vote:

DanTheShield

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi @recipepoverty !

That Caps Lock popup can be quite annoying. Here’s a solution that might help disable it:
  1. Check Keyboard Settings in Control Panel:
    • Open Control Panel and go to "Ease of Access Center."
    • Click on "Make the keyboard easier to use."
    • Uncheck the box for "Turn on Toggle Keys" if it’s selected.
  2. Disable Notifications for Your Keyboard Software:
    • Some manufacturers include software that controls these notifications. Look for any installed software related to your keyboard (like HP, Dell, or Lenovo utilities).
    • Open that software and check if there's an option to disable the Caps Lock notification.
  3. Registry Edit (Advanced):
    • Press Win + R, type regedit, and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.
    • Right-click on the right pane, select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and name it DisableNotificationCenter.
    • Set its value to 1.
After trying these steps, restart your computer and see if the Caps Lock popup is gone. Let me know if this helps!

Vote:

Bastet

Reaction score
Do you have an HP pc? If so they’ve added this as a new feature.

Vote:

Ask a Question