I got logged out from OneDrive and now my files are missing. How do I retrieve my files?

charlemagne1220

Reaction score
One day, I booted my laptop and saw that I have been logged out from OneDrive.

I save all of my files in "C:\Users\OneDrive\Documents". Now, when I open that directory, a "This folder is empty" message appears. I've also checked my hard drive storage and nothing had changed; My storage remained the same (217.5GB/237GB)

Just a note: My OneDrive storage is full—4.9GB/5GB. But still, I stored some files in "C:\Users\OneDrive\Documents".

What I did was, I signed in to my OneDrive again using my outlook account. I once again checked my Documents folder and saw no files.

When I viewed my OneDrive folders online, some files were there. These were the files that actually got saved into my OneDrive (which makes up the 4.9GB worth of storage).

But the files that I saved in "C:\Users\OneDrive\Documents" were no longer there.

I have no problem with the files that are still accessible online via OneDrive (although I'm still unable to view them on my computer, it can solved by simply downloading them).

My problem is that I don't know how am I going to restore my other files (which are not saved on OneDrive online).

I've tried to unhide some folders inside the "C:\Users\OneDrive\Documents" but it was unsuccessful of retrieving anything.

Please, can someone tell me a way to retrieve my files?

charlemagne1220

Reaction score
I can't see any of my files in C:\users\yourname\Onedrive

I've also tried looking for them online via OneDrive but I've only seen *some* files but not *all* files that were in my Documents folder.

Vote:

Henk

Reaction score
Is in the explorer, (Windows + E) an entry: 'Onedrive - Personal', anything in there?

Last thing I can think of is: find in Ondrive the waste basket and look in there.
Anybody else?

Last edited:

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
I had to help a client last week with a problem and OneDrive, got some back but whatever she did messed up the user name. In the process found there's differences in the amount of storage available, the Windows install may only be 1GB but the Office install may be larger and there's a paid-for version with much more storage, would wonder if that is part of an issue. I haven't a need for OneDrive so mostly have it uninstalled and my computers are Local Account with Administrator Rights.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
If the bytes are shown and those files must be there somewhere in SPAM / TRASH bin, if the bytes are not shown and those files are not there .. simple

Vote:

Ask a Question