Just got a Surface Pro 4, with windows 11 pro installed, my first windows system since vista.....

Brian R

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just got a Surface Pro 4 last night because the company I work for quit supporting ANY Apple operating systems, and uses Microsoft Teams for meetings and training sessions, since they decided remote working from home is better and safer with this ALLEGED Coronavirus pandemic, and we only go to the office on Friday's. I do insurance claim investigation, mainly fire scene investigations and having a tablet like the Surface or iPad made it much easier, can remove the keyboard and use it as a tablet to take photos and such. I gave up on windows when vista was released and it absolutely refused to cooperate on the brand new kinda budget laptop the salesman at best buy told me would do what I needed it to do, and of course it ABSOLUTELY DID NOT, trying to type a simple email would cause it to crash, let alone trying to have outlook and office apps open at the same time for work, so I switched to Mac, I prefer Apple devices, however I have to say in the very short time I have had this Surface Pro, got it yesterday evening, figured I could try and get used to it before we are expected to actually be productive tomorrow since today is President's day and a holiday..... It so far has been quite surprising and actually pleasant to use so far. I may even consider looking for a surface pen for it, since i highly doubt the Apple pencil will work on it.... so far so good and maybe Microsoft designed an operating system that will actually let work get done without constantly crashing and needing to be screwed with constantly. Hopefully I didn't just jinx it.....

yodap

Reaction score
Congrats! I sure hope the camera is better than my Surf Pro 3. MS doesn’t have the same camera technology as Apple. Other than that my Surf is still very solid. Had to reinstall win 10 recently and it’s running great.

Brian R

Reaction score
So far my Surface pro running windows 11 pro seemed to work very well for the first work week with it, and surprisingly after the experiences I had with windows vista, has not done any of the nonsense i expected it to at all, in fact I have not actually powered it off at all all week, instead just closed the type cover and stand and put it into my laptop case to travel. only thing it did was this morning, and maybe it was how i put it in the case that the cover wasnt completely closed, but i noticed it like didnt bother to charge last night and was at 58% when I got to the coffee shop I go to, when I got home i plugged it in to its charger and it charged fully, been using it for about an hour now and still have 85% remaining so maybe somehow it was not sleeping in transit this morning or maybe not actually plugged good last night.

Ask a Question