I want to disable the touchpad when there is a mouse connected.

NormSamuelson

Reaction score
Windows 10 made this a simple option, but I cant find the option in Windows 11. I tried uninstalling the touchpad, but after reboot it comes right back. Is there any way around this?

Solution
I tried a few ways to download driver software for the Elan Touchpad. I ran into problems with a few, such as warnings from Malwarebytes, and packages that just didn't work. I was able to download driver software from Lenovo that worked on my HP laptop. I now have the option I need, to disable the touchpad when a mouse is connected.

Bastet

Reaction score

Vote:

NormSamuelson

Reaction score
I tried a few ways to download driver software for the Elan Touchpad. I ran into problems with a few, such as warnings from Malwarebytes, and packages that just didn't work. I was able to download driver software from Lenovo that worked on my HP laptop. I now have the option I need, to disable the touchpad when a mouse is connected.

Vote:
Solution

Bastet

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the suggestion didn’t work. I use Synaptics touchpad & had to do this to return the on/off option to the Touchpad entry under settings.

Vote:

clubtail

Reaction score
Windows 10 made this a simple option, but I cant find the option in Windows 11. I tried uninstalling the touchpad, but after reboot it comes right back. Is there any way around this?
I have had two computers on which this was an option - found in Settings - and was the default on the second one. Therefore try searching Settings. Failing that, tape a piece of stiff card over the touchpad.

Vote:

Bastet

Reaction score
I have had two computers on which this was an option - found in Settings - and was the default on the second one. Therefore try searching Settings. Failing that, tape a piece of stiff card over the touchpad.
The thread is over 6 months old so I would expect the problem to have been sorted for the op by now.

Vote:

NormSamuelson

Reaction score
As noted above in this thread, I downloaded an updated driver for the touchpad and that fixed it. It added the option to disable the touchpad when a mouse is connected.

Vote:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Right!
Just started a test thread myself - No "solved" - Reported to Admin.
Thanks, it looks like the thread wasn't started as a "question" type but as a "discussion" type - I've converted it now to fix it. I think I need to make it easier/clearer somehow when starting a thread, as it's very easy to miss. I'll work on this today :).

Vote:

Ask a Question