Macrium Reflect, is it worth to buy and if so which version?

Grizzly

Reaction score
Macrium Reflect, is it worth to buy and if so which version?

I purchased a new laptop recently, coming with Windows 11 pro. The ssd (NVMe) was a bit too small (correction: way too small) for my purpose. So I bought a 2TB NVMe M2.2280. The idea was to use the bigger one to install Windows 10 and then Windows 11 after that on a 128GB partition each, the rest of the drive was reserved for my data. I tried to install Windows 10 and was successful but had a lot of unknown devices on it, The install of Windows 11 22H2 ran into a roadblock as an active internet connection was needed during install (apparently Windows 11 did not have the network drivers included : Intel WLAN driver) and stopped the install. I went around that and did install Win11 21H2 first, then upgraded to 22H2. Worked fine so far but had a lot of small partitions around both systems. So I decided to clone the original NVMe that came with the laptop. This is currently work in progress.
I tried to clone with my Acronis 2014 but it refused because the original is an encrypted c: drive. Macrium was not complaining at all.

I was so impressed with the Options Macrium reflect (my free version) that I would be happy to purchase the program. I have seen Versions for Home and Workstations as well as servers (which I can rule out I guess).
Which version would you recommend and why??

Looking forward to read your responses

Grizzly

Grizzly

Reaction score
It comes with a heavy price tag though: $799.00 . That is way more than I am willing to spend.
I only have 4 computer to "service".

Grizzly

Reaction score
I think, I am gonna stay on the free version for the time being. It does what I want it to do and does it right on time.
I am gonna consider buying it though as I always have with apps I frequently use.

Bastet

Reaction score
Macrium often have sales especially Black Friday where Reflect is 50% off.
Also purchasing when ver 9 is announced they will usually offer a free upgrade to 9 when released.

Ask a Question