Micron storage executive

Reaction score
Micron Storage Executive is slow to start and once running it's really slow to do anything.
Does anyone have that issue?
I have the Micron 2400 emmc 1tb

Sir_George

Reaction score
Micron Storage Executive is slow to start and once running it's really slow to do anything.
Does anyone have that issue?
I have the Micron 2400 emmc 1tb
Slow is a relative term. I use the same app and it takes approximately 12 seconds to fully load. Clicking any of the tools takes a couple of seconds or more to load. So, to me that's not really fast, but also not too slow. Perhaps the specific drive being used may have an additional impact, something I wouldn't know.

Reaction score
Slow is a relative term. I use the same app and it takes approximately 12 seconds to fully load. Clicking any of the tools takes a couple of seconds or more to load. So, to me that's not really fast, but also not too slow. Perhaps the specific drive being used may have an additional impact, something I wouldn't know.
Its taking a good 3-4 mins to start and another 3-4 mins every press on a button to do anything.
can see why the drive would be the problem. its a new PC and the drive more up to date, than other older drives n PC I've used the program before.

Sir_George

Reaction score
Its taking a good 3-4 mins to start and another 3-4 mins every press on a button to do anything.
can see why the drive would be the problem. its a new PC and the drive more up to date, than other older drives n PC I've used the program before.
You could try uninstalling the app, then shutdown and restart. Once the system has rebooted, try reinstalling.

Reaction score
I've found the issue.
the software doesn't like my HDD drive that's used as the backup drive.
If I turn it off the software boots straight away and I can set the SSDs setting. then turn the HDD back on once I've finished.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
All of the SSD drive management programs are SLOW to start, etc.

But fortunately, it's not something that you HAVE to run. You only run it because you want to, so being slow should not be important.

I've also run a similar program from SanDisk, and that too is just as SLOW, as the one from Crucial/Micron.

But, while you think it's being slow to start, it's really not. It's taking that time to totally analyze the drive and get all the relevant parameters. It wouldn't be much of a program if it did anything less.

Cheers Mate!
Shadow :cool:

Ask a Question