Mirroring to Samsung 4K TV

Steve

Reaction score
I am trying to mirror my Inspiron 27 7710 All-in-One desktop to my 4K Samsung 43'' TV. I get the message on my TV: "Connecting to Steve B..." and then immediately after, I get the error message "The connection request from Steve B was not successful. You can try reconnecting using your mobile device." How can I mirror my PC to my TV without problems? Do I need a special cable to do so? I had no problem doing so with my previous PC using an HDMI cable from my STB. If I try to connect the HDMI cable to the port on the back of my PC, the desktop appears with no icons. Also, looking in the manual provides no help. My TV model is UN43NU7100.

Steve

manannoy

Reaction score
To mirror your Inspiron 27 7710 All-in-One desktop to your Samsung 43'' TV, you can try the following steps:

1. Check HDMI connection: Make sure you are using a high-speed HDMI cable and that it is securely connected to both the HDMI port on your PC and the HDMI port on your TV. Ensure that you are using the correct HDMI input on your TV.
  2. Adjust display settings on your PC: Right-click on your desktop and select "Display settings." Make sure that your TV is recognized as a secondary display and set it to "Extend" or "Duplicate" mode depending on your preference.
  3. Update graphics drivers: Visit the Dell website and download the latest graphics drivers for your Inspiron 27 7710. Install the updated drivers and restart your PC. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause display connection issues.
  4. Check resolution settings: On your PC, go to "Display settings" and ensure that the resolution is set to a compatible setting for your TV. For a 4K TV like the UN43NU7100, set the resolution to 3840x2160.
  5. Disable display scaling: In the "Display settings" on your PC, click on "Advanced scaling settings" and disable any display scaling options. This can help ensure proper scaling on your TV.
  6. Try a different HDMI port: If you have multiple HDMI ports on your PC, try connecting the HDMI cable to a different port to see if it resolves the issue.
If the above steps don't solve the problem, you can also try using a different HDMI cable or testing your PC with a different TV or display to isolate the issue. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to contact Dell support for further assistance regarding the specific compatibility between your PC and the Samsung TV model.

Vote:

Ask a Question