Mouse malfunction

emilengstrom

Reaction score
I have a problem with my computer, Lenovo with Windows 11 pro installed. It has always worked well and is maybe 1.5 years old.

I am not getting correct response from mouse clicks.

When I double-click, the computer responds as if I had simply clicked, at best.

For example, to open a folder on the desktop, I first have to right-click to highlight the folder and then hit return with the keyboard.

Normal left-click has no effect, and neither does double-click.

If I instead use the built-in mousepad that is on the computer, I get the same problem.

So I can't double click with it either. I've checked the mouse settings, I've restarted several times, install antivirus software. Change the USB port for the mouse etc.

I can't get rid of the problem that I've had for several weeks now. If I open a web browser I can still single click on links with proper functionality. When I restart the computer, the mouse works correctly for 15-20 seconds, so I can double-click on a folder and it opens. But pretty soon my problem arises again.

If I play a game of chess on chess.com, I cannot click as usual to move a piece.

Normally I left click on the piece I want to move and then left click on the square I want to move the piece to.

Now I have to right-click on the piece I want to move so that it is highlighted, left-click on the square I want to move it to, and then finish with a right-click on the same square.

However, the graphics don't keep up and I have to right-click on another piece a couple of times first.

I can still use keyboard shortcuts to use explorer, browse folders, minimize windows, etc.

My conclusion is that Windows 11 is not handling my mouse clicks correctly. Neither from a USB-connected mouse or a built-in mouse pad, that is.

Thanks for the tips and ideas.

Ask a Question