My built in microphone is not working

ivyxant

Reaction score
I've tried so many things, I tried rebooting it and updated the drivers but still it is not working, when I go into the troubleshooting window it says "troubleshooting couldn't identufy the problem, you can try exploring other options that might be helpful"... When i go and test the microphonethe volume level seems to go up when i speak but it doesn't play back any sound I tried using my headset microphone but it's the same issue, seems to detect sound but somehow it doesn't record it. does anybody know how to fix this?

vynski

Reaction score
Did the mic work in windows 10 or any other version of windows?
Go to your device manager and see if you can determine the brand name of the microphone. It should tell if it is Intel or the brand name. Access the company website and see if the drivers for the model you coincide with what is installed. Download the latest drivers for that model from the company website and try installing them. That is where I would start!

Ask a Question