New build for Win 11

esebm

Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning to build a new budget AMD-based PC that can run Win 11. Just for light office work, no gaming at all. There are too many MOBO/CPU combinations out there to make my head spin. I'm wondering if I could solicit some advice from the experts.
Thanks,
Ed

Ad

Advertisements

StevenG

Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning to build a new budget AMD-based PC that can run Win 11. Just for light office work, no gaming at all. There are too many MOBO/CPU combinations out there to make my head spin. I'm wondering if I could solicit some advice from the experts.
Thanks,
Ed
I've just built an AMD AM-4 gaming system with the Asus TUF B550-Plus (WI-FI) AMD ATX AM-4 mobo as it’s a solid board and reasonably priced, I paired this with sort of an above average cpu the Ryzen 7 5800X and the cheapest RTX-3080 gpu with 32GB 2x 16GB DDR4-3600MHz CL19 ram, Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe M.2 hard drive, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W psu and a just as cheap gaming case which all cost about $1500 USD as I had all the rest like 32” monitor, keyboards and mouse.

If thats too expensive then you should strive for a good mobo like the one above that has the convenience of a built-in Wi-Fi/BT and it’s a good, branded board, as using a cheap mobo will give you more problems than its worth and it’s a good investment to have a reasonable mobo. Its also best to buy like last version chipsets mobos like the above B550, you can pair this mobo with an AMD integrated graphics processor (IGPs) like the Ryzen 7 - 5700G and a 1TB or less whatever you need, of a hard drive like the WD NS-570 or if you want better than the NS-750 M.2 NVMe, the same as above ram and maybe a lower 550W psu and a cheap case like for $50, as you could get all that for under $750 USD.

Ask a Question