New here need help with movies and tv

cj599

Reaction score
i used my pc to act as a movie library before windows 11 know that i up graded i can see the library on my tv but when i try to play a title it says its not recognized if i use my laptop they will play ? why would after windows 11 my tv not recognize them but did with 10 ?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You will probably have to use the settings menu on your TV to add the Windows 11 system as a media server.
You may have to remove the old instance of that same PC before it was upgrade to Windows 11, before you can add it to the list of media servers. At a minimum you might have to "Rescan" for media sources and see if it shows up.

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF it shows, you will likely have to "Approve", "Accept" "add", or "Authorize" or other words to that affect

Vote:

cj599

Reaction score
not sure my tv has those options its a lg 75UM7570PUD i did refresh the page where the folders show up i made a change to a folder and the tv reflected that when i try to play a movie it loads like its not receiving the file sorry to the terminology im trying my best

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm at a loss.
I reviewed some resources from LG
But I didn't see anything that looks like it would help with your issue.

There is such a vast difference in the array of settings available among all the different smart TVs that it may require a support call to LG to sort it.
Unless we have a member, who has a similar setup who might have some specifics to contribute.
It's probably going to be something simple that's being overlooked.

IF you would take a quick look at media streaming.
Just click the Windows 11 start button and type
media streaming
You should see Media Streaming Options appear at the top of the "Search from Start" results.
Have a look and see if it is turned on or not.

Vote:

cj599

Reaction score
ive done all the settings in media streaming network file sharing that i could find on youtube so weird it worked great with windows 10

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
When you open Media Streaming is your TV listed and the allowed box ticked, as my Sony Bravia is below?

Capture.JPG

Vote:

cj599

Reaction score
also just tried a lan ethernet cable same result files are their but when i click on them on the tv they never play and it times out

Vote:

cj599

Reaction score
here is what i changed and now it works i went from public to private idk just a lucky guess and it worked
HqUpeva.jpg

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good find.
And of course here I am having assumed that you were already set to "Private".
Thanks so much for the follow-up information.
Much appreciated.

Vote:

Ask a Question