New Snipping Tool in Windows 11 is complete and absolute garbage...

Bighorn

Reaction score
Not really! Saves the snip as a .png in Screenshots folder. No editing capability to be found. Useless!
Yes, really on my 4 machines. Copies to the Clipboard then clicking the pop-out box opens the Snipping Tool where I can save allowing the default name or give it one I want.

1682174334122.png

1682174435261.png

shelleymac

Reaction score
This things is a total nightmare. Where did all the functionality go? Why does the resultant snip stay buried under every single other thing I have open?

Bring back the former Snipping tool for crying out loud!

Bighorn

Reaction score
This things is a total nightmare. Where did all the functionality go? Why does the resultant snip stay buried under every single other thing I have open?

Bring back the former Snipping tool for crying out loud!
I haven't any issue with the Snip & Sketch in Win10 and Win11 for my needs.

I understand your, and others, rants about things being different but must keep in mind that a number of forums for Windows support are not actually from Microsoft, read the disclaimers at the bottom of the pages. We probably never know if anyone from Microsoft sees these posts. Use the All Apps, Feedback Hub app to post your concerns to Microsoft.

cwm

Reaction score
old thread but came across this looking for a replacement to the "improved" snip tool in win 11 - the issues i have with it are the window does not autosize to the selected snip, the snip window will not consistently be the focused window - most times it will go to the task bar on creation of a new snip - and when multiple snip windows are activated and showing, creating a new snip will minimize random snips that you have open and showing. The ability to have multiple snips open is good - if they could keep that and do away with the rest ...

deluciddreamer

Reaction score
Sorry pal. I think we must be using a different tool?

No "New" required. Prtscr brings up the choices (square - free etc. so yo immedistaely selct your are you wish to copy.

It is then on the clipboard and you can paste it where you like

This was donr in two seconds
View attachment 938
thats funny. after selecting what i want to snip and click everything vanishes. no text to select. no choices to make and the kicker is NO idea where it has been saved to, or if it saved at all. Then i have to scour my 3 - 2(2)tb - hard drives to try and figure out where its decided to save it this time. recently i cant find them at all. I been using lightshot instead. Gives me all the editing and save to control i need for the moment. Still miss the old snip tho.,..

Bighorn

Reaction score
after selecting what i want to snip and click everything vanishes. no text to select. no choices to make and the kicker is NO idea where it has been saved to, or if it saved at al
All of my Win11 machines save to Pictures [C:\Users\USERNAMEHERE\Pictures\Screenshots] and to the Clipboard for pasting.

1711070422561.png.

Ask a Question