No login screen on Windows 11

Gorilla

Reaction score
Hi,
I have created a VM using Hyper-v of Windows 11 Pro, but after the build has completed I am unable to access anything. All I have access to us the language bar, accessibility and the power button on the right hand side. Wherever I click there is nothing. I have tried more than one build but keep getting the same. Any ideas please?
Thanks,11.PNG

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What happens if you send the CTRL+ALT+DELETE command or just press "enter" (which would normally slow the login screen)?

edit: I think you might need to press "Ctrl+Alt+End" to send the commend via a Hyper-V session, so it doesn't take action on the host system.

Vote:

jonnied12

Reaction score
Hi,
I have created a VM using Hyper-v of Windows 11 Pro, but after the build has completed I am unable to access anything. All I have access to us the language bar, accessibility and the power button on the right hand side. Wherever I click there is nothing. I have tried more than one build but keep getting the same. Any ideas please?
Thanks,View attachment 152
I had the same issue. You have to use a private account to install W11. Do this without internet connectivity during installation. Using a MS account during install blocks the ability to use Enhanced Session Mode.

Vote:

Geoff

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks,View attachment 152

Set the session mode to basic (from enhanced) and ye shall be presented with a login prompt...

Vote:

Ask a Question