Windows 11 upgrade broke internet access!

Apollyon

Reaction score
I upgraded Acer Aspire TC-885 to windows 11 and wi-fi broke. i could not get on the internet. if i remember correctly, it seemed that windows update worked and only browsers were unable to access internet. the wi-fi connection said it was "connected" but it kept on going off. i reverted back to windows 10 and continued to have the internet broken, even windows update could not access internet. i had to reset windows 10 from recovery options to fix breakage. poo poo.

anyone experience this?
solutions for problem?
Driver issue?
hardware?

edit (Ian): Threads merged

Last edited by a moderator:

tpl

Reaction score
I upgraded my Acer TC- 865 to W11 a month or 2 ago from the latest W10 . I note that I have the Acer care Centre available and I have had updates from Intel offered to me via that program. Graphics, Wifi and Bluetooth since then. The graphics on my machine is Intel UHD graphics 630 and the wifi/bluetooth is provided by an Intel AC9462. So check for updates for your Acer.

You posted this 3 times, once would have done.

Vote:

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
My guess is driver issue. The problem with pre-built computers is all the custom things the manufacturers put on the computer. Microsoft's official position is that you shouldn't mess with what the manufacturer puts on there, when in fact that's exactly what you should do. Completely wipe your drive(s) and reinstall windows the moment you buy your PC. But I'm guessing you don't want to do that now, since it's probably all been customized.

But, yeah. My guess is a driver issue. You can try updating your drivers and see if that helps.

Vote:

tpl

Reaction score
Today while checking for updates on the DEV branch machine I saw two of those Intel updates offered there as well.

Vote:

hilfordjames

Reaction score
I upgraded Acer Aspire TC-885 to windows 11 and wi-fi broke. i could not get on the internet. if i remember correctly, it seemed that windows update worked and only browsers were unable to access internet. the wi-fi connection said it was "connected" but it kept on going off. i reverted back to windows 10 and continued to have the internet broken, even windows update could not access internet. i had to reset windows 10 from recovery options to fix breakage. poo poo.

anyone experience this?
solutions for problem?
Driver issue?
hardware?

edit (Ian): Threads merged

Yes I've just had this issue today after last nights Windows 11 Pro update!!!
Furious!!
Had to reset network through "Network & Internet" then "Advanced Network Settings" then "Network Reset" "Reset Now"

Windows sucks when this stuff happens and it has happened a lot to me over the past 3 months with Chrome Cast displaying a time stamp in the lower corner of the TV since the previous Windows 11 Update!!

An issue after every update within the past 4 months!!

Vote:

Ask a Question