Ways to install Windows 11

Grizzly

Reaction score

Before you begin​

Make sure the device you want to install Windows 11 on meets the minimum system requirements. If your device is currently running Windows 10, we recommend you verify the minimum system requirements using the PC Health Check app. We do not recommend installing Windows 11 on a device that doesn't meet requirements. For more info, see Installing Windows 11 on devices that don't meet minimum system requirements.

This site shows a way to install Windows 11 bypassing TPM2.0 and CPU check (TPM 1.2 or higher is still required though)

Just some official Microsoft Information I came across...

davehc

Reaction score
Wow. good find. Microsoft seem to have caved in on that one. All those suggestions are known ways which have been posted around the net over the past months.
I used the reg fix a while ago, and have no problems installing on an incompatible laptop.:D:eek::D

Only thing to be wary of is subsequent updates. Items in those might also be incompatible and screw up your installation! Ditto if there is a registry overwrite.
For a couple of months, I have had no such problems on my "testbed"

Last edited:

tommygd

Reaction score
I guess I am the only one who I still use Windows 7. After reading so many reviews I think it's time to buy a new computer and install Windows 11.

Grizzly

Reaction score
I guess I am the only one who I still use Windows 7. After reading so many reviews I think it's time to buy a new computer and install Windows 11.
You are not the only one. My desktop PC cannot have anything newer than Windows 7 as the hardware does not support newer OS's.
That is why I use that one only as a storage pc (it has now 16TB in 4 hard drives in it).

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Please, don't buy a new PC just for Win-11!
If you will only use the latest version of "Rufus" to burn a Win-11 ISO to a Flash Drive, it will give you the option to strip away the Compatibility Requirements from the ISO as it burns it.
Then you can go ahead and use that "Fixed" flash drive to install Win-11 to an "Older" PC.
I'm surprised that such info has not been wider spread. It actually IS on some forums.

This little Slimline PC that I'm running right now, has a BIOS date of 2008, and it's running Win-11/Pro/64 just fine.

RogerOver

Reaction score
Just luck (when you bought your Slimline). Nothing else.
And you are proud of this hazard ?
Strange behaviour.
Begin "Thinking" !

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Friend, haven't you heard the story? (by the way, I don't buy PC's)
The little old Slimline was given to me after it was hit by lightning and it "Smoketh"!
The LAN card and PSU were both Toast.

So I set about totally Refurbishing the little PC, with a new Lan Card, HD PSU, max RAM (4GB) and now with a 500GB Crucial SSD.
Thankfully, the little PC came with an AMD Athlon 64 bit CPU and a pretty robust BIOS.
The short story is that this little PC runs Windows/Pro/64 just fine!

When it comes to installing Win-11 here or on other PC's, I just try to keep it as simple as possible, no 12 step programs!
Maybe a Three Step Program! :ROFLMAO:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
The old saying that "Practice Makes Perfect" isn't far wrong. Since my last post, I've installed Win-11 six times....three times just today, while I also watched the Daytona 500.
It was a difficult decision, to finally give up totally on Windows 8.1/Pro/64 and go strictly with Win-11 on all of my PC's that have 64 bit CPU's.

What I wanted to know, is what options, in Rufus, should I use to get the easiest install, ignoring all the compatibility stuff, and install with a Local User without all the MS BS.

So, it took three burns of the ISO to a Flash Drive, each one getting different install options, and then three installs of Win-11 to a spare HD, to see which one I liked the best.

My final decision, and my final install was done using ALL of the available options in Rufus.
Finally, when I saw the big Blue 'Thing' show up on the desktop screen, I began writing down every step I took to get a smooth running PC. The little PC itself, has a birthdate of 2008, so it's no stranger to new OS's. It's had a few! lol
But as the Daytona 500 came down to the finish line, so did my latest install of Win-11.

As OS's go, Win-11 is quite possibly the easiest one to install, if the preparations are done right.
Cheers Mates!
TM :cool:

Ask a Question