[Fix Inbound] Anyone successful on getting release version of Windows 11 SDK to work with Visual Studio 2022?

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
Just upvoted the only complaint I could find on the official feedback site. I've been unable to get the release version (194) to work with VS 2022. I can still use the last preview version (168), but that seems... illogical. LOL. And of course, it works perfectly fine with VS 2019. I asked MS if it was intentional to forget about VS 2022 and to leave us stuck with the preview version. :sneaky:

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
"The Win11 SDK will be installable through the VS installer starting with the upcoming VS 2022 Preview 5 release." -- Luke Westendorf [MSFT]

Vote:

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
Apparently... according to MS... Net 6 isn't supposed to allow selecting a Windows SDK. But it does. So either they are only just now starting to not allow it (with Windows 11), or they are lying. 'Cause I can definitely select Windows 10 SDKs all day long with Net 6. Awaiting an answer from them now... (and why is it even an option to be selected if it's not allowed????? Really? I mean, if it's not supposed to be an option, then fix THAT. Obviously SOMETHING needs to be fixed.)

Vote:

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
Last post on this issue, I promise. Doesn't seem to be many other developers here, so probably wasting my breath. :)

So they FINALLY admitted that there is indeed an issue with the Windows 11 SDK, and it will be fixed on November 8th with the final release of .NET 6. It already has a commit for it on GitHub, so they aren't lying about it. I just wish people wouldn't ASSume I'm an idiot. :ROFLMAO:

Vote:

Ask a Question