No thumbnails after upgrading to Windows 11

Mackeoin

Reaction score
I can not change the icon to thumbnails photos I found nothing on Youtube.It stop working when I went over to windows 11 can anyone help.
Regards
Mackeoin

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums @Mackeoin :)

What is the file extension you are having problems with, is it .jpg?

Can you please make sure that the following setting is unchecked in file explorer:

Options > View > "Always show icons, never thumbnails"

Mackeoin

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums @Mackeoin :)

What is the file extension you are having problems with, is it .jpg?

Can you please make sure that the following setting is unchecked in file explorer:

Options > View > "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
Thank you for you fast reply the problems is with jpg after I installed windows 11,have looked at options and thay are OK.
Regards
Macheoin

Attachments

• Opt3.jpg
    Opt3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Opt2.jpg
    Opt2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Opt1.jpg
    Opt1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 4

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How strange. Do you get thumbnails for other file extensions?

Can you try running "cleanmgr" (press Win Key + R for run box), check the thumbnail files box and perform a cleanup? That should clear the thumbnails cache and I wonder if that will help.

Mackeoin

Reaction score
How strange. Do you get thumbnails for other file extensions?

Can you try running "cleanmgr" (press Win Key + R for run box), check the thumbnail files box and perform a cleanup? That should clear the thumbnails cache and I wonder if that will help.
Yes I get thumbnails with PDF and DOC but not photos ,no joy with clean disk I think it is something to do with the windows 11 update. Can there be a file block or something.
Regards
Mackeoin

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Up and running, I uninstalled OneDrive and I got my thumbnails back so it was OneDrive fault all the time.
Regards
Mackeoin
Thanks for reporting back with the solution - I wouldn't have guessed OneDrive was the culprit!

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
Hmm. A while back I did notice OneDrive was throwing exceptions. I just disabled it and never looked back. Guess that's why I don't have this issue.

Flamenco_Lady

Reaction score
Up and running, I uninstalled OneDrive and I got my thumbnails back so it was OneDrive fault all the time.
Regards
Mackeoin
THANKS so much! New computer with Windows 11. I spent all day on my embroidery website trying to figure this out, never realizing it was OneDrive. Once I took the files off OneDrive I could see them all. In Explorer and in my embroidery software.

Ask a Question