OOps-something went wrongThere is a problem with your Microsoft account. To fix this, sign in to account.live.com from a browser

PeterL

Reaction score
I have Microsoft 365, Under Outlook I have two accounts, Outlook.com and Gmail.com.au. When I start Outlook I get the message' in the attachment, I also get a purple balloon under the Outlook icon in the Sys Tray, if I click on my gmail account the balloon disappears, I do not wish access my email in a browser, if I click NEXT Outlook just opens and I can use it normally apart from not being able to send email from my Outlook.com account. I have been trying to solve this for months.

Attachments

• OOPS.jpg
    OOPS.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 5

davehc

Reaction score
Looks genuine, but, be careful! It could be spam watching for your login and recording your password.
Have you looked in the settings - accounts to see if there is a clue there?

Vote:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a similar error with the default Mail app. I needed to delete the account from within the mail app, then re-add it again.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Sign-out and Signing in to local account within the computer then Sign-In back again with Microsoft account, this can occur if you have tried many times the credentials, and the server "a little but curious with the login info" .. I had this issue when I mingle with Microsoft Store few days ago ..

remember .. "that" single Microsoft ID is being used for all the applications related .. :)

Vote:

Nandini nadar

Reaction score
while opening the laptop it is asking to sign in and password after puting the right password it is showing like t

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-08-05 at 20.27.03.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-05 at 20.27.03.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 6

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
Just a note: 20+ years ago I got a Hotmail account, following that a few years later came outlook.com that was supposed to replace Hotmail, both are Webmail. That merge finally happened with https://outlook.live.com/, both Hotmail and outlook.com go to that one address. Outlook.com is not the same as Microsoft Office/Outlook, an installed program on the computer. My gmail.com is also Webmail as is the program provided by my Domain host and my ISP. Some e-mail functions can be set up in an installed E-Mail Client such as Outlook, Thunderbird, the defunct IncrediMail, SeaMonkey browser with its E-Mail function using POP/POP3 or IMAP [which I don't need as I need access from different computers and locations].

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
while opening the laptop it is asking to sign in and password after puting the right password it is showing like t​

It's nothing harm, there's jus a broken logon information within some Microsoft related apps in the Windows. But can be rectified by within W11 any single sign-on either from Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store or even Windows Account built-in itself will synchronise to every Microsoft related apps automatically.

For this just delete your existing profile in Edge and/or re-sign in Edge with either Hotmail, Live or Outlook account which you have created and been using. This will solve the issue.​

Vote:

Ask a Question