Problems with a re-instalation W11

Pablo56

Reaction score
To start with, I bought a brand-new PC three months ago. Recently, Windows has been behaving erratically and re-booting for no reason, this got worse and eventually would not boot up. I had no choice but to re install windows from the DVD. I entered my windows key and then after installing I am presented with a strange screen [Choose.jpg]. I have installed windows years ago [Windows 7] and I never had any problems with an installation however that computer died which is why a bought a new PC. I have never seen [Choose.jpg] before. Why would I be asked to choose an operating system?

When I tried to install it, I was given the choice of repair or install. I tried repair but it would not do this. I did not take a screen shot of that. Now I have a computer and every time I boot it up, I get [Choose.jpg].

When I ordered the PC to be built, it came with a NVMe card and was told this is much better than a HDD and runs faster. I insisted that I had two SSD drives as well so my documents would be kept separate from the windows c: drive. At the start of the installation, I was given [MyDrives2.jpg]. I have done this before and assumed that drive zero was the NVM3. After the installation Drive D became drive C, Drive E became drive D and Drive E had the windows installation.

Each time it re-booted I picked Volume 2 in [Choose.jpg]. To my surprise, every time I boot up the PC now, I get my old windows back complete with the background and all the desktop icons. But this was a full installation was it not. Is there anyway around this and stopping {[Choose.jpg] from coming up every time?

Hope you experts can sort this as another forum hadn’t a clue. I beleive I have made things as clear as I can here. If not please advise.

Attachments

• Choose.jpg
    Choose.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 5
  • MyDrives2.jpg
    MyDrives2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 5

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I have seen all your questionaire around the forum and I assume that you're not an advanced user. My advise is that stop struggling around mixing individual files to be an ISO to be installed (even the experts in MyDigitalLife forum) will not entertain you. You don't have the proper hardwares for you to test and run experiments.

Just the the original ISO from Microsoft and burn in using Rufus then get it installed (Use MBR method and not GPT). Done !​

Vote:

Pablo56

Reaction score
I solved the problem. I downloaded the DVD ISO and expanded it to a folder on one of my SSD drives. I could not copy the diles from there to a USB FAT32 formated. as one of the files was too big for FAT32. There was an option for microsoft to create the USB which it did. It now boots up from athe FAT32 USB fine.

Vote:

Ask a Question