Problems with the startup menu

GgGhost54

Reaction score
Ok so i updated to windows 11 through the windows insider program but now i have some issues with my taskbar.It shows the windows 10 taskbar AND the start menu and the search bar wont open.Some help here please?

jvickers

Reaction score
It could be a bad install. Try going back to Windows 10 and then reinstalling Windows 11. If you can right-click on the taskbar and get "Taskbar Settings", do that. Then, click on "System" and then "Recovery". You'll see how to roll back to Windows 10. Just click the "Go back" button. Once that is done, reinstall Windows 11.

If you can't right-click on the taskbar successfully, right-click on your screen and select either "Display settings" or "Personalize". It doesn't really matter which you select. Then, go to "Settings" and complete the steps outlined above.

I'd try that first unless you don't mind reinstalling all your programs.

Of course, there are no guarantees any of this will work.

EDIT: Just found this article on a similar problem. I'd try this first.

GgGhost54

Reaction score
It could be a bad install. Try going back to Windows 10 and then reinstalling Windows 11. If you can right-click on the taskbar and get "Taskbar Settings", do that. Then, click on "System" and then "Recovery". You'll see how to roll back to Windows 10. Just click the "Go back" button. Once that is done, reinstall Windows 11.

If you can't right-click on the taskbar successfully, right-click on your screen and select either "Display settings" or "Personalize". It doesn't really matter which you select. Then, go to "Settings" and complete the steps outlined above.

I'd try that first unless you don't mind reinstalling all your programs.

Of course, there are no guarantees any of this will work.

EDIT: Just found this article on a similar problem. I'd try this first.
thanks for the response,ill try it out rn

GgGhost54

Reaction score
so the problem lingers.I reinstalled windows 11 and the taskbar still sucks.I would go back to windows 10 but it keeps updating on his own

Ask a Question